Editorial: My Endorsement for President in 2016

a column by Guest Editor Aaron M. Fugate
The views expressed herein may or may not be those of Senior Editor, Ben Fugate.

As guest editor of this influential blog, I have come to recognize that I have a distinct privilege: I have the platform necessary to endorse a candidate for President.

I do not take this opportunity and the responsibility associated with it lightly. This has not been a quick decision for me and even as of 7PM yesterday evening, I was not convinced of my selection. But I have done my homework and am confident in my choice.

I have chosen to endorse John Kasich, Governor of Ohio, for President.

As Governor, John Kasich oversaw a great economic boom in his state. He has consistently supplied the state of Ohio with common-sense solutions for its issues.

John Kasich, most importantly, has executive experience, which no other current candidate has. He has experience balancing a budget. He has a track record of cutting taxes and stimulating the Ohio economy.

John Kasich has been a ruthless enemy of Planned Parenthood and pro-abortion advocates for his entire tenure in office. He has made abortions extremely difficult to get in Ohio, and ultrasounds mandatory before most abortions.

Kasich may be seen as somewhat of a moderate in his party, but he is not tainted by the fleeting special interests of the tea party and he is conservative where it counts. In fact, liberals in his state and across the nation have long recognized Kasich as an enemy who is not sympathetic to their causes.

Kasich has the most executive experience of any Republican candidate remaining. He is not a flawless candidate, like Scott Walker, but he doesn't have to be perfect. His few shortcomings can be made up by a conservative Congress.

John Kasich is not a response to anyone, like Obama was to Bush, Trump is to Obama, and Rubio is to Trump. Kasich may be seen as a moderate, but voting for him is not settling like we were forced to do with McCain and Romney.

America is a nation in distress, meeting a crossroads; we need a Governor for this crucial time. Vote for John Kasich for President!

Comments

How is John Kasich a solution? How will he get enough delegates? Why did you wait so long for this endorsement?
In what way will Kasich more than two states (MI, OH) to get the nomination?

Popular Posts