Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Contributing Editor Aaron M. Fugate interviewed his brother and fellow Colts fan, Benjamin Fugate. Feel free to answer these questions in the comments below.
Here is the discussion in its entirety:
1. What is the meaning of Thanksgiving to you?
It is living a life that is thankful to the God of the Bible for his many blessings and trials that he sends upon our lives and the settling s down for one day to actually commemorate what God is already doing.
2. What is the meaning of Christmas to you?
Christmas a time for us to remember that God almitghty chose to humble himself and become a man, so that he could save mankind from what we rightly deserve.
3. Which parts of the message of Scriptures are being ignored by mainstream Christianity today?
We are forgetting who God really is. We have made a God that is much easier to digest and comprehend. We forget that altogether different than us and he has higher thoughts and higher plans.
4. What do you think of the upcoming Trump presidency?
I am really tense about President-elect Trump. I do not trust him at all. I do hope and pray that he is pro-freedom, pro-Israel, and pro-constitution, but I doubt he will be consistent in those regards. I am expecting that he will repeal the Healthcare law and allow the states to have healthcare exchanges!
5. What disappoints you about President-elect Trump?
I am disappointed that he was allowed to run as a Republican canddiate. He should have been allowed into the GOP primary. He is not a conservative and never will be. He had every right to run for president but not representing the party of Lincoln and Reagan!
6. What stunned you the most about the 2016 election?
That Trump won Florida, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin and that Mrs. Clinton is not contesting the election!
7. How should Christians respond to the Trump presidency?
Christians should resepct president-elect Trump. Nevertheless, they must continue to oppose him if he opposes Scripture and the Constitution! They must also continue to worshhip God, not Donald!
8. In what direction should conservatives move now?
We need to leave the GOP now and start our own party. This is very similar to the days of Zachary Taylor, who helped ruin the Whig party, even though he also won an election! Somewhere in central Wisconsin, I pray that some men and women arte getting together to start a new, peaceful, resistance movement!
9. What are some of your solutions for reform in America?
First, we must cut federal spending by 50 % on January 21st. The best way to start this is by stopping all of our interventionist wars in the Middle East. Second, we must give more power back to the states by repealing all of the Supreme Court rulings and repealing thousands of federal laws.
10. Who will be the 46th President of the United States?
Mike Pence, after Mr. Trump unfrtunately has to resign because of health issues. Then, Amy Klobuchar will defeat Pence in the 2020 election!
11. Who will win the Super Bowl?
The Dallas Cowboys
12. How can fundamentalist churches grow in this century?
By preaching the word of God with no drawbacks and by having more services on weekdays. Also by conducting neighborhood Bible studies
13. How would you explain the gospel to an unsaved person?
By going through the Romans road (1:20, 3:23, 5:8; 6:23; 10:9-13) and explaining Ephesians 2:8-10
14. How can the church glorify God today?
By preaching the God of the Word in season and out of season and then living a life that is subject to his rule.
15. Do you have a plan for becoming president in your lifetime?
Yes, I would like to run for president in 2024 as an independent candidate with Kyle Courtney as my vp candidate, if it is the Lord’s will.
16. Should the NFL keep the tie or work on a new solution to overtime games?
I like the tie, but I would just a have a full 15-minute OT period for any game tied at regulation
17. Is a border wall becoming of a land of opportunity?
A border wall is necessary to protect our opportunity for immigrants and citizens alike. We need to totally overhaul our immigration system with labor-based solutions and immigration quotas that help our nation avoid discrimination over ethnicity.
18. In what ways does the United States of today resemble the U.S.S.R. and Nazi regimes of yesteryear?
First of all, we basically just have one ruling party. If you do not vote for the Communist party or Communist-lite party then you are weird and useless. Second, our federal governmennt runs our lives. We are not allowed to have inexpensive light bulbs and televisions because of federal laws that are unconstitutional and anti-capitalistic. Finally, government involvement is taken for granted in this country and if you question government ideas like light rail and people’s stadiums you are dumb!
19. How would you combat the very pervasive politics of fear that have overtaken the U.S. today?
The most tyrannical governments rule by fearmongering and then providing solutions to the problems that are really not that detrimental. Government needs fear to control its subjects. However, many politicians are very successful at calm-mongering, especially after the government “solves” the problems.
20. Should the U.S. register all Muslims within its borders, keep track of their movements, and prohibit any more Muslims from immigrating to the States?
The USA should not monitor its citizens’ private lives in any way, shape, or form, without a consitutionally-binding warrant for each person being monitored. Any monitoring of American citizen activity without a warrant should put government officials in jail.
However, the states should monitor all immigants until they become full citizens. We can solve all immigration problems by requiring all imigrants to have jobs when they enter the nation. Plus, the best, kindest solution is immigration quotas. The great Dwight D. Eisenhower had immigration quotas and they worked wonders in the 1950s. The tyrant, Lyndon B. Johnson, took away the quotas. Quotas would be a great way to decrease numbers when certain parts of the world are producing too many terrorists. We could also increase numbers as immigrants are successful businessmen and businesswomen.
Outsource the IRS!
1 week ago